Uhh I don't know what to make this post about...cookies? or the dough? cuz I think I ate half of the dough before I even tried a cookie. But once those bad boys came out of the oven I still couldn't wait to eat one. I made them for my awesome neighbours, who bought us a piece of salmon! Our family makes a totally kick ass fish rub so I made that last Monday. Mmm Mmm good.
These cookies are free of dairy, gluten and refined sugar. Get that nasty stuff OUT OF YO KITCHEN!
Kyri and I went for a nice drive along the ocean. I love the weather here today!!
CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Makes 15 cookies....AND 10 raw cookie dough balls, wink wink
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup dehydrate sprouted buckwheat, for the crunch (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup upasteurized honey
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax mixed with 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 300° F (150° C).Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir.
2. Mix flax and water and add to the fridge to firm up for 10 minutes. Combine wet ingredients in a large pan and heat on low and stir. Turn off heat. Add flax mixture and stir. Add dry ingredients.
3. Roll dough into balls and add to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down with a fork and bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before eating!!