I have read so many awesome, life changing books over the past three years that have helped tremendously. They inspire me to make health changes in my life and help me keep at it. These are my favourite top 10.
1. The Conscious Health by Ron Garner is the book that started it all. It was THE ONE that helped turn my life around. With the way my lifestyle was, I was definitely on the road to disease and an unhappy future. Ron taught me how my body works, what my body needs to clean it's self and get rid of toxins, and how to get it working right again so I can have a thriving future. I followed the rules, by taking baby step of course, and now I feel amazing, I am free of sickness and disease and am loving life. This book talks about combining food properly for easy digestion, which foods are acid and which are alkaline, toxic foods and chemicals, covers TRUE information regarding vaccinations and the medical system, and it talks about beliefs and the soul, how are ego's are bad news, and how we can live a vibrant positive life by believing that our food is nutritious and is the base to a strong healthy future. I have emailed Ron many times and have become close friends with him. He has helped my whole family and I am forever grateful.
2. The China Study by T. Colin Campbell was one of the books that Ron Garner recommended reading in the Conscious Health. I read The China Study and was blown away. It's about a man who's family owns a farm, a dairy farm. Life leads Campbell on a journey towards health and started to conduct studies, showing the links between animal protein and cancer. Every time I put this book down I would run to my husband Tod and be like SERIOUSLY THIS BOOK IS AMAZING! I highly recommend reading it if you need to know more about the harms of animal protein and dairy. It's a real eye opener, especially because it's coming from a past dairy farmer.
3. Whole Foods to Thrive by Brendan Brazier is an awesome starter book. It helped me learn about superfoods that should be in every ones house. Brendan Brazier is the creator of Vega. You know, that vegan protein powder everyone raves about. I learnt about vitamins, minerals like calcium and iron, protein and amino acids, phytonutrients and more. The back also has tons of healthy recipes created by Brendan and his Vega crew.
4. The Disease-Free Revolution by Ron Garner is my latest favourite. It's an easy to access Ebook, which you can download straight to your phone or tablet. This book is an easy to understand, health guide on how to life a healthy life. It talks about the acid alkaline balance (something we follow strictly) and how you need alkaline food in your life to get rid of disease and sickness. It talks more on the harms of refined sugar, dairy, red meat, table salt and soy. I was fortunate enough to help Ron edit this book and I got to add my testimony. I highly recommend reading this one and sharing it with your friend and family ASAP! Only $8.99! Please follow my lead and write an awesome review!!
5. The Kind Diet by the beautiful Alica Silverstone is my favourite girlie read. She is such a great writer and everything she says come from her heart. I love her love towards the earth and you really feel it when you read her story. She is a vegan and she talks about the harms of eating animals and animal products. Harmful to our bodies and the world. I highly recommend owning this book, even if you aren't a vegan. The back of the book is full of nutritious recipes that everyone will love.
6. Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr is a crazy hippy lifestyle book. Her lingo is wack but I kinda like it. I'd say this is the yoga girl version of the Conscious Health and covered everything from acid alkaline balance to how sugar is toxic. Kristen Carr had 12 tumars on her lungs and 10 tumors on her liver and she kicked their butt by sticking to a clean organic green diet. Her story is truly inspirational and I love her book.
7. Going Raw by Judita Wignall is the first raw cookbook to really catch my eye. Her knowledge on health is mind blowing and she is beautiful. She uses words like RADIANT, GLOWING and BEAUTIFUL that capture you and make you want to look just like her. Her skin is perfect and she has that sparkle in her eye that everyone wishes for. She raw food ideas are smart, helpful and every recipe I have made tasted delicious. I loved this book.
8. Ecoholic by Adria Vasil was the book given to me by my sister in law and it was the perfect gift, she knows me so well. It talks about toxins in food, shampoo, body care products, make up, laundry soap...you name it. She even talks about how in this day in age babies are born with 400 + toxins in their umbilical cords...how sick is that? Babies are being born with that many toxins? No wonder they are born colicy, and have bad allergies. So sad. This book gives awesome healthy eco friendly alternatives to the bad junk this world has produced. This book desserves an A+ for letting us become aware of the toxic world we live in today. Just don't get too upset and worried over everything and do what you can to change your own life and be happy that you are doing your part!
9. Raw & Simple by Judita Wignall is Judita's 2nd cookbook that I downloaded to my phone. I honestly love reading through off her raw tips, superfood list, and her take on how to live a healthy lifestyle. She honestly has a beautiful soul and I would love to meet her one day. She talks about how being raw isn't for everyone and even raw foodists eat cooked food from time to time. Do what your body tells you to do. I have loved each one of her recipes in the back, like the book says...they are raw and simple! No dehydrator required.
10. Live Raw by Mimi Kirk was borrowed to me by a great friend. This book is so inspiring, to live a raw life. Mimi is in her 70's now and she lives a care-free hippy happy life style that I want. She is so beautiful and peaceful. Her story is amazing and I highly recommend reading this book. She shares around 100 recipes too. Who knew you could jar raw pickles!