I'm super busy today making treats for my girls night tonight! So this post is going to be shorter then short! I've made this recipe three times in the last 2 weeks. It's so satisfying and you would never know there wasn't noodles in it. The zucchini is the perfect texture, just make sure you let the zucchini dry out previously. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you all have an amazing weekend!
ZUCCHINI & SWEET POTATO LASAGNA with BLACK BEANS & MUSHROOMS
Prepare ahead - Soak 1/2 cup raw cashews for 4 hours, covered in filtered water
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 small sweet potato or yam
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Mexican seasoning (optional) See note
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large jar of pasta sauce, I use a vegetable blend. See note
- 6 basil leaves
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. celtic sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup filtered water
1. 6 hours before eating, slice zucchini into thin slices with a mandolin. Around 2mm-3mm thin. Lay out on the counter on paper towel to dry out.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Cut yam into thin strips around 1mm thin and fry on low heat in coconut oil for 3 minutes per side. Lay on a piece of paper towel to dry.
3. Add rinsed black beans to a pot and heat on low heat for 7-10 minutes. Add 2 tsp. Mexican seasoning & stir often.
4. Fry mushrooms until soft.
5. Lasagna - Add a thin layer of sauce to the bottom of the lasagna dish, layer zucchini, sauce, black beans, mushrooms, sauce, zucchini, sauce, yam, zucchini, sauce, a thin layer of Mexican seasoning, basil pesto and bake for 40 minutes on the middle rack. Cut & serve hot!
A traditional garden salad goes so great with this dish.
My Mexican seasoning consists of dried ingredients - cilantro, onion, red bell pepper, herbs & spices
My pasta sauce consists of tomato puree, diced tomto, onions, carrots, zucchini, sea sat, portabello mushrooms, celery, garlic, olive oil, parsley, basil, and oregano