Home » » WHOLESOME DELICIOUS EVERYDAY PORRIDGE

WHOLESOME DELICIOUS EVERYDAY PORRIDGE


Someone get this mom a bib!

Gosh I have been slurping up this porridge everyday for a week now and can't stop eating it! I'm messy too!

We always have sprouted buckwheat on hand AND YOU SHOULD TOO! The health benefits are endless, and it releases chemicals in your brain, like serotonin, that make you feel good. Learn how to sprout buckwheat groats at home - here, or you could just buy my book (wink, wink)!


I've been making home made almond milk for over a year now and find that store bought milk will never compare. Now I feel let down once I open a carton and use it. Even if it's organic. So now I just soak 1 cup almonds over night, then after I rinse them twice and place them whole in my high speed blender with 1 cup water (I sometimes take the skins off. If I have time) and blend until smooth. I strain it in a tea strainer then add the rest of the water. 1 cup almonds to 3 1/2 cups filtered water. Then I dehydrate the left over almond pulp until it's hard, then I blend it into flour and save it in the fridge to make cookies, muffins and brownies! No waste.

I use the almond milk within a week, in porridge, baked goods, pancakes, banana orange shakes (I'll post recipe soon), chia pudding, and desserts.

This easy porridge is sure to please anyone! Even those picky kids of ours :) Enjoy!!


WHOLESOME DELICIOUS EVERYDAY PORRIDGE
It's like a switch. Something in my brain just clicks and says 'It's porridge time"! Maybe I'm just craving extra wholesome nutrients or maybe it's the flavours! My favourite toppings are always honey and cinnamon but please feel free to use your favourite, like pure maple syrup or brown rice syrup! Sliced apples, strawberries or blueberries would be delicious too.

Serves 1

  • 1 cup almond milk, homemade or store bought
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp. shredded coconut





Garnish
  • 1 tsp. unpasteurized honey
  • a dash of cinnamon
  • a handful cashews, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp. hemp hearts


1. Heat almond milk and oats in a small pot on medium heat, until bubbles. Add cinnamon, shredded coconut and vanilla and stir. Let bubble again. Take off heat.

2. Stir in sprouted buckwheat and honey.

3. Pour into your bowl. Add garnish and eat.