Okay I have been waiting until I seriously perfected this recipe before I posted it. And last night during Chloe's 13th Birthday Party I made it and the girls loved it, and so did I so here it is....
It honestly tastes just like the sweet and sour sauce from Chinese food restaurants, you know...the kind you haven't had in years because you won't eat there cuz their food has too much MSG...am I right?
STIR-FRY W/ SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
- 7 tbsp. rice vinegar (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 6 tsp. honey
- 6 Tbsp. sugar free ketchup
- 6 Tbsp. Braggs, Tamari or another soy sauce alternative
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. ginger powder
- 6 Tbsp. potato starch + 8 Tbsp. filtered water
- 1 pk brown rice stir-fry noodles or 2 cups rice
- veggies of your choice
- coconut oil
What to do
1. Sauce - Add rice vinegar, water, honey ketchup, braggs or soy sauce alternative, sea seal, and ginger powder to a pan. Turn up to high heat. Stir with a whisk.
2. Add potato starch and water to a separate cup and stir well. Add to sauce as it gets hot. Whisk constantly. Bring to a boil, then immediately take off heat. Whisking until cool. Sauce should be thick and ready for noodles or nice.
3. Cook noodles as directed on package. / Cook rice- Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add rice and turn down to low heat, cover. Set timer for 25 minutes. Check at 22 minutes. If bubbles are gone and you don't see any water the rice is done. Fluff with a fork and turn off heat. Cover for 5 minutes.
4. While noodles or rice is cooking, fry veggies in a large pan/wok in coconut oil on low/med heat for 15 minutes until soft but still crunchy.
5. Add veggies to noodles/rice and pour sauce on top and serve hot! Garnish with nutritional yeast, chia seeds, sea salt, sprouts, cashews or whatever else you like.