I had my good friend Steph over and we devoured these parfaits in no time. She won't be able to make it to my cookbook proposal party so I thought I'd whip us up something tasty and since I always leave cans of coconut milk in the fridge this one was easy to prepare the morning of. I already had dehydrated some sprouted buckwheat and was eager to try it in a new recipe.
Whoever thought a homemade dish could make you so happy. Peanut butter, chocolate, the banana ice cream and the crunch of the buckwheat was pure harmony. I can't wait to eat this again. It would be perfect for an afternoon snack on a hot summers day.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. Thanks again for reading!!!
PEANUT BUTTER PARFAIT
Prepare ahead - Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge one night
- Dehydrate sprouted buckwheat on 110 degrees for 24 hours
- Make ice cream 4 hours before
- 1 can coconut milk - full fat, use cream only
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. unpaseurized local honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup dehydrated sprouted buckwheat
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 3 tsp. coconut oil
- handful dark chocolate chips, I use vegan chocolate chips
- chocolate shavings
What to do
1. 24 hours before line a dehydrator tray with your paraflexx sheet and add 1/2 cup sprouted buckwheat, or more, and dehydrate on 110 degrees. The night before add a can of coconut milk to the fridge so the cream and the water separate.
2. In the morning take the can out of the fridge, open it and scoop out of the cream and add it to a blender. Save the water for a smoothie. Add Ice cream ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Add to a freezer safe bowl and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours. Stir at 2 hours.
3. Melt coconut oil in a small pan on the lowest heat, stir in dark chocolate chips. When ice cream is ready, layer ice cream, buckwheat, peanut butter, buckwheat, chocolate sauce, ice cream and garnish. Serve right away.
Notes: Keeping the buckwheat raw has amazing health benefits. It actually increases your mood. Dehydrating buckwheat makes it crunchy like rice crispies almost. It would be the perfect crunch for a chocolate bar. Maybe that will be my next creation.