So excited for cookies. The weather has been a bit nasty out lately so I am excited to eat these warm fresh out of the oven. And have a nice cold glass of vanilla almond milk later. (I don't drink liquid with my meals or snacks, for better digestion)
These cookies are super healthy. Packed with high quality ingredients. They have no refined sugar, no dairy and no gluten so they are easy on the tummy.
I love adding gluten free oats to my cookie and baked goods recipes. They just give a nice texture. It reminds me of my Oma's double chocolate macaroons.
I hope you enjoy this little treat. I was inspired to make them after I saw the dark chocolate cookie picture on Angela's site Oh She Glows! She is such an inspiration.
Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies w/ a hint of Nutmeg
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups oats, gluten free
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup. dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup #2
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tsp. agave nectar or unpasteurized local honey
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add raw nuts to a food processor and blend until smooth (or chop small).
3. Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir to remove any clumps.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl. Stir well. Dough will be clumpy and a bit dry so mix well.
5. Form into balls and squish with the palm of your hand, making 25 cookies.
6. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper for easy clean up. Add your cookies to the trays.
7. Bake on 350 degrees for 4 minutes. Switch trays and bake again for 4 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Stay fresh in an air tight container for up to 5 days.