It was my birthday yesterday. I had a great day, but my whole family is sick sick SICK!!! I am the last man standing still. I know after everyone gets better I will get it. I decided, since it was my birthday and all, that we were going to eat dessert before dinner, which was home made tacos! DELISH. Both were delicious! The cake and the tacos! I made spicy black bean tacos with lettuce, cherry tomatoes diced, green onion, salsa and avocado. Mmm! I want another one. Chloe couldn't even taste the cake because of her cold! Don't waste it! Tod has been in bed for the past 45 hours....poor hubby. So no cake for him.
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- 1 cup ground graham crackers
- 1 cup raw nuts, such as cashews, walnuts or pecans. Today I used pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for half an hour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. unpasteurized honey
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 container of vanilla ice cream, I used dairy-free Coconut Bliss
What to do:
1. Add all the crust ingredients to a food processor and blend until fully mixed. Add mixture to a 9" spring formed pan. Press down firmly.
2. Let ice cream melt. Add strawberries and melted ice cream to a blender and blend until fully incorporated. Pour on top of crust.
3. Put cake into the freezer for 3 hours. Take out when you are ready to serve.
Cover the cake with Saran wrap if you have any left overs.
I tried to add coconut milk whip cream around the edge but it was too soft...so now it looks like this.