This is my 7 year old sons favourite pasta. I made it last summer and now he's hooked. We eatt his pasta every two weeks at least. There was a shortage of organic basil from our local health foods store for a couple months so I had to use dried basil. To me, it just wasn't the same, but he still loved it. Well...here it is!
Basil Tomato Cashew Pasta
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked 1 hour
- 1 cup Vegetable broth
- 6-10 Basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 15 Cherry tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. Mrs. Dash
- 1 pk. pasta of your choice
What to do:
1. Place pasta sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Cook noodles.
3. While the noodles are cooking melt coconut oil in a pan and add pasta sauce. Add Mrs.Dash and heat on low heat until hot.
4. When the sauce is hot and the noodles are done, drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water once. Add the noodles to the pasta sauce pan and stir.
5. Serve. Garnish with a dash of sea salt and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. Toasted chopped almonds make an excellent finishing touch for those who are trying to impress guests.