This is my first time making zucchini chips. I was worried they would have a stale texture but they really are crispy like chips. I revised this recipe from our GorillaFood recipe book. It's a raw, vegan and organic cook book.
Spicy Tomato Zucchini Chips
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked previously for 3 hours
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup tomato, diced - I used cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp. unhulled sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp. unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 2 zucchinis
What to do.
1. Slice the zucchini in thin strips with a knife or a mandolin. Place slices into a bowl.
2. Add all the ingredients, except for the zucchini, in a food processor or a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Pour sauce onto the zucchini slices.
3. Coat the zucchini pieces in the sauce and lay flat and spaced out on paraflexx dehydrator sheets and dehydrate on 105 degrees for 8 hours. Then flip each chip over and place onto the mesh dehydrator sheet and dehydrate for another 24 hours.
I would recommend doubling this recipe if you have kids. They will be gone in no time! This recipe is great as a snack or even on the side of your favourite veggie burger.