It's that time of year again for sweet treats. In 6 days kids will be knocking on our door saying TRICK OR TREAT and I will say ...Trick! We decided not to give out candy this year so I bought a bunch of knick nacks from the dollar store (hoping the kids won't mind...I don't want them throwing eggs at our house) so we will be handing those out.
I have planned 10 recipes for our halloween party and I added this one to the list because they are sooo delicious! I don't think 12 will be enough.
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, finely grated
- pinch of ground celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw nuts, chopped (I used pecans and toasted them first)
- 1 1/5 cups carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked for half an hour
- 1/4 tsp. ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the dry ingredients to a large boil. Add the wet ingredients to a boil and mix.
2. Add the wet ingredients gradually to the dry ingredients, stirring.
3. Lightly coat a muffin tin in coconut oil. Add muffin batter to all 12 holes and fill to the top. Make all muffins even. Bake for 18-20 minutes until fully baked. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean they are done.