It was a gloomy day at the start so I made these bad boys, blueberry raspberry muffins. And then as soon as I made them the sunshine came out! So excited to get some Vitamin D today. These muffins are a great snack. Perfect for on the go or in your kid's lunch box! Well that is all I really have time for today, a quick blurb.
BLUEBERRY RASPBERRY MUFFINS
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, SOY-FREE, REFINED SUGAR-FREE, NUT-FREE OPTION, VEGAN OPTION
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup oats - quick
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk beverage, homemade or store bought
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon (outside skin grated off)
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
What to do
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add honey, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and vanilla to a pot and heat on low until the honey melts. Stir well and then add the lemon zest. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries and raspberries. Batter will be runny.
5. Line a muffin tray with muffin cups or grease it with coconut oil. Pour batter into every muffin cup/hole evenly.
6. Bake on 375F for 20 minutes.
Enjoy your spring day!
This baby like to play with my props and eats my show & tell!