Christmas and fudge belong together!
Every Christmas my mom made a killer fudge. She used a candy thermometer and did it the old school way...with tons of sugar and chocolate, but you know me, keeping it clean. So I came up with this recipe to knock your socks off. It's my version of the old school Christmas fudge done RIGHT.
Check it out.
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. honey (omit for vegans)
- a pinch of sea salt
What to do:
1. Heat a pan on low temperature on your stove top. Once the pan becomes warm take it off the heat. Combine all the ingredients into the pan and let the chips melt and stir.
2. Pour into a square baking dish lined with parchment paper.
3. Freeze for a minimum of 3 hours.
4. Cut into squares are serve immediately. Since this dish is raw it gets soft fast. So eat eat eat! and Enjoy every bite.
Store left overs in a freezer safe zip-lock bag or air tight container.