It's a lovely snow day here on the Island.
Seth and I wanted to make something warm and sweet. While we wrapped Christmas gifts we came up with the idea of blueberry pancakes. Our mouths drooled until we finished wrapping gifts. We went into the kitchen and Seth grabbed the dry ingredients while I grabbed the rest and we got working.
Here is what I came up with...
I got these from Winners this week!
Dry ingredients, cut banana, mashed banana, wet ingredients, mixed batter, and cooking the pancake.
Makes 5 pancakes
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. potato starch
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tsp. pure maple syrup + 1/4 cup for topping
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup blueberries, if frozen thaw them out in a bowl of hot water
- coconut oil for frying
What to do:
1. Put 1/2 tsp. of coconut oil in a non stick frying pan and turn on to low/medium heat. I had mine on 2 (my dial is out of 9). Use 2 frying pans if you want to speed things up.
2. Add dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk, making sure to break flour clumps.
3. Break up banana into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla and stir. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in blueberries.
4. Add 4 Tbsp. of the batter into the frying pan to form a small pancake. Fry on one side for 8 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and fry for another 8 minutes. Do this step with all of the batter.
5. The blueberries in the pancakes get very hot so it's best to wait a couple minute before eating. Serve with maple syrup on top and enjoy!