I HAVE SOME EXCITING NEWS!!! Kyri just started sleeping all through the night. IM SO HAPPY! She turned six months old on Sunday, two days ago! She is in Seth's room now until his room is finished being built downstairs. Seth loves his little sister in his room. She has been going to bed between 8:30 & 9. Then I dream feed her at 11 and then again in the morning at six. Then she gets up for the day at 9! She is loving spoons right now. Her baby toys are...okay...but the SPOON is where it's at! haha she also loves her red honey bunny right now and her Sophie!
I think fall has officially started, as much as I hate to omit it. Summer was great! It came early, around mid may, and stayed until last week. We had something like 45 days straight of pure glories sunshine with an hour of rain during one July night. This past week it has rained pretty much non-stop, but the yard loves it. I've never seen it so green. Mmm makes me crave soup! My mom gave me this awesome vegan soup recipe. I have to share it with you.
Soup...instead of the salmon that our cousin caught for us. I'm not big on fish lately. Ever since my friend described in detail how much toxic waste has been let out into our ocean from Japan. After the huge earthquake there our ocean just hasn't been the same. I googled it and found out how much waste has been in our ocean for the past two years. Our fish have been eating it and swimming in it. ...I think I'll pass.
I can't stop listening to my friends Shambhala set. It's so good. Funky, catchy, and gets me movin. Even if it is just while I sit at the computer. Go Neon Steve!!! He is Tod's best friend, Uncle Steve to our kids and was the best man at our wedding. He eats raw and is super cool. His 2012 set is on this site here if you want to listen.
Seth and Chloe are busy doing their chores every morning. I bet they can't wait to go back to school. Seth has to take out the compost, vacuum, dust and have his room clean and Chloe has to do the laundry and fold it, clean the bathroom, brush and walk the dog and make sure her room is clean also, every morning. Sure helps me that's for sure! Seth complains a bit every morning but he does a great job.
SUMMER SQUASH SOUP
Add to large pot and cook on med/low in this order
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 1 diced large onion
- 3 cups of sweet potato or yam - 2 large ones
- 2 cups of butternut squash - one medium sized squash. I cut off the outside
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 cup of roasted almonds - roasted in the oven on 300 for 7 minutes.
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp of Mrs. Dash seasoning or 1/2 tsp of sea salt and pepper
- Juice of one orange
- 1/2 bunch of chopped parsley
1. Cook all the ingredients, except almonds, in a large pot until soft. Add to a blender and blend until smooth. I had to blend 3 batches and add it to a separate bowl while I blended the next batch. Add it all back to the pot and heat and serve. Easy Peasy!
2. Top with nutritional yeast, sea salt, roasted almonds and chia seeds and stir.
Tod helped me cook it was a great relaxing day!