Need a simple salad and dressing to go with your dinner every night??
Well this one is perfect. This is my go-to salad dressing that I have handy at all times. The recipe is quick and easy. Takes about 3 minutes to make. Hope you like it as much as we do.
The Everyday Salad & Honey Garlic Dressing
This is our go-to salad. We eat it 6-7 days out of the week and it never gets old, with the same dressing. That’s how good it is! Use whatever fresh local produce is available.
· 1 cup spinach, lettuce, kale, arugula, or mixed greens
· 1 inch piece cucumber, sliced
· 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
· 1/4 cup cauliflower, chopped
· 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
· 1 small carrot, chopped or spiralized (cut in a noodle shape)
· 10 sprouts - pea shoots or sun flower
· any other vegetable in season like shredded beet or diced green onion
1. Cut, slice chop, and dice veggies. Add veggies to a bowl, top with salad dressing and toss! SERVE! I love to sprinkle nutritional yeast on my salad with diced red onion.
Honey Garlic Dressing
Makes 1 cup
· 1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil
· 1/4 cup unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
· 1/4 cup unpasteurized honey
· 1 clove garlic
· 1 tsp. mustard
· 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
· 1/2 lemon squeezed
1. Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar and honey to a glass 1 or 2 cup measuring cup. Place the measuring cup in a pot of hot water to let the honey melt. Stir.
2. Peel garlic and dice, add to measuring cup. Add mustard, 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Stir to make sure honey has melted. Add to a high speed blender and blend on high for 20 seconds. Add 1+ Tbsp. of dressing to the large salad.
Try to buy organic ingredients for purity and more nutrition.