Home » » FITNESS FOR THE BUSY MOM & IMPROVING THE BODY, MIND & SOUL

FITNESS FOR THE BUSY MOM & IMPROVING THE BODY, MIND & SOUL


Mandy's Healthy Life isn't just about food it's about living a healthy lifestyle and being the best you can be - for yourself, family & friends. So let's improve together!

As most of you know I have three children, a dog, and a wonderful husband who works so I can stay home and raise our youngest, Kyri.

I have been on this health journey now for 4 years (almost). I have learned so much amazing information on eating healthy, fitness, and improving my life. There are so many inspiring people in this world like Jutida Wignall, Rich Roll, & Alicia Silverstone, who have all helped our family grow.


After having kids it's super hard to get your body back to pre-baby shape! It's been two years since I had Kyri and my body weight likes to fluctuate if I don't stay active! If I eat too many healthy cookies, cakes or desserts I gain a bit of weight from all those healthy fats. But the awesome part is if I work out those healthy fats give me so much energy for working out. Staying on a work out routine helps keep me positive, full of energy (yes working out gives me energy) and any gained cake weight just melts off.

I work out as often as I can but it's hard when you have a little one at home. I can't just go out to the gym whenever I want, and I can't go run 10km with my kid in a stroller (she'd cry the whole way home GET ME OUTA HERE!!" So what do us busy moms do? We set up play time for the kids and work out at home!

I like to do a video after I've taken my two oldests to school. It's a pilates yoga blend and I've been doing (on and off) for the past 8 months. You can take it pretty easy if your tired or not up to par, or you can push it as hard as you can - tighten every muscle in your body and get toned super fast. Seriously I saw improvements within the first couple weeks, mind you I did the video 5 days a week. Then I enjoy my after yoga shake!


AFTER YOGA SHAKE
Mmm this is my fave. It's my reward for working out!
  • 1 pear or apple, core removed
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 tsp. chia seeds
  • 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
  • 1 tsp. maca powder
  • 1 banana
  • 4 dates, pits removed & soaked in the water for 1 hour
  • 1 tsp. raw honey
  • 4 ice cubes

1. Blend and serve! Enjoy.


Drinking mommy's 'After Yoga Shake'. Made with dates, chia seeds, hemp hearts, water, pear and more! Mmm mmm good! 

#organicingredients #workoutshake# lovemylife #nutritious #lifeboosting #delicious #yoga 

#wholefoodsrockmysocks #datesareamazing#healthykids #mandyshealthylife

Fllow me on Instagram & Twitter @MandyDugas19

Tod watches the kids so I can go to Zumba in the evening and Grandma D. comes into town to babysit during the day. I do Zumba twice a week with my mom.


I am also training to run a half marathon this year, in April! I started training in January. My goal is to run just over 1 km each run. I started at 3.5km and have improved my distance every week since then. I do not stop running until I reach my front doorstep. My last run was 18.3km on Sunday. What do I eat on the morning of a run you ask? I had lemon water, waited for it to digest, drank a shake, then ate fruit, came home from church ate a bowl of sprouted buckwheat with hemp seed (totally plain), grabbed a sip of water and headed out the door. I didn't stop running once and I ran around the whole bloody town. I felt great! My body is honestly telling me that my lifestyle is working. If you have read my post on my last 8Km race you'd know how amazing it is to me that I can even run at all!

I use my husband's Garmin running watch (It was my Christmas gift to him two years ago) and he said it was the best gift he's ever gotten. And I agree. It is awesome. You put it on your wrist, turn it on, connect to a satellite so it can read your distance and press start and away you go!! The watch will read your distance, your speed and your time. Perfect while training and running the race.


BUT....The only thing is that if someone gets sick or if there is a change of plans I can't work out. And lately that has been happening more often. So what have I decided to do?

Wake up earlier! Tod and I have been waking up before day light to meditate. It has improved my days by 50%. We wake up, drink our lemon water, brush our teeth and sit down in our living room and make it as dark as possible by closing the blinds, turning off the lights and we sit on a soft surface like a blanket or thin cushion and sit and relax. I close my eyes and think of my body. I feel my body from my feet to my head. Then I let it all go. If I catch myself thinking about errands or duties I say Okay I'll come back to you later and I try to let everything go again. It's hard, don't get me wrong, and sometimes I spend the whole session sending thoughts away. But sometimes I just sit there... and feel the calmness of my mind. I start to sense my own energy. I always receive an overwhelming feeling of gratitude to the point where I could cry tears of joy. It's so wonderful.



The benefits I have noticed since I started waking up early to meditate are

  • I get an hour to myself to think
  • While I meditate I release all tension, let go of the ego and clear the mind
  • I feel WAY less stressed through out my day
  • During sudden mishaps (like Kyri peeing on the couch) I feel calm, collected and in control
  • I am constantly surrounded in this ora of LOVE
  • I am always wanting to help others
  • I am aware of my surroundings
  • I have a new respect for nature, food, and my body
  • I can see a clear difference between my ego and my soul
  • I am seeing everyday how I am on the right path (signs pop up everywhere) &
  • I am falling asleep easier and am having deep undisturbed sleeps.

and I enjoy having a spiritual experience with my husband by my side. Then I get ready while the kids are still sleeping. After I eat 3-4 pieces of fruit like oranges, kiwis, apples and bananas. This whole early morning process helps me get in some ME time before my thoughts are devoted to others for the rest of the day! Which is super important. Then I can make time to work out at home.


Questions I've asked myself...

What are the things you want in your life?
Have you sat in a quite room and thought about your life and your future?
Are you where you want to be?
Are you on the right path?
What changes could you make to help improve your life?
What can you do everyday for others?
Are you surrounded by love?
Do you give as much love (or more) as you receive?
Do you go about your day giving all you have to give?
Do you envision your future?
Do you share your goals and dreams with others?
Do you have the ability to turn off the ego?
Can others see that you are full of energy, love and compassion?
Do you feel healthy, fit, and happy?

I find that all my questions are answered in some form or another after meditating. If I need to work on them I do.

Everyone can use a little self improvement. I hope everyone is enjoying the start of their spring. We are all so excited for the warm weather!

Thanks for reading!


1 comments: