Well I just have to say that this dessert, simple yet fun, is my favorite and so delicious. The whole family, except the baby of course, had a blast making their own however they wanted to. All the ingredients are quality, organic ingredients bought at our health foods store.
- 1 banana each, sliced into fours
- Coconut milk ice cream, vanilla and chocolate - Coconut Bliss
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat for whip cream. Directions below.
- unsweetened apple sauce
- thawed strawberries
- berries of your choice
- organic chopped walnuts
- organic chocolate melted with coconut oil for a fudge like sauce
- pure maple syrup
Put one banana, sliced and a scoup of both vanilla and chocolate ice cream in each bowl. Place all the topping ingredients on the table and let everyone create their own and enjoy a little piece of heaven. This dessert is guilt free and will satisfy your sweet tooth.
To make the coconut milk whipping cream:
- Buy a can of coconut milk, full fat, and put it in the fridge 2 days before, or earlier. I keep a can in the fridge at all times.
- On the afternoon of making the dessert, take the can out of the fridge and turn it over. Open the can, while it's still upside down, and pour out the coconut water into a bowl and save it for a smoothie. Scoup out the coconut milk which should be quite thick at the bottom into a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp honey and 2 tsp vanilla extract and whip until it is thick with a hand held mixer
- Place bowl into the fridge to sit until after dinner. Then you will take the bowl out of the fridge again and whip it. The mixture should be thick. If not, place the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes until cold and try whipping again.
- Scoup out dallops of whip cream onto your dessert or put the whip cream into a piping bag, like I did, and swirl it all fancy like on your banana split.
- Enjoy your dairy-free whip cream!