I hope anyone who has a vegetable garden planted a zucchini plant this year. Or at least plan on planting one next year, because cooking with zucchini is a whole 'nother world! Raw noodles is something new to me this year and I am so stoked on it. Just remember to let them dry out on the counter for hours before using!
Zucchini was actually my "No thank you" food. And now I love using it, thank goodness because my plant out in the garden is out of control. I've had to share with neighbours, friends and family, who all gladly take them! I've made zucchini lasagna, zucchini spaghetti, zucchini stir fry, loafs, and zucchini smoothies, which makes them creamy! Thanks to me neighbour for that tip!
Health Benefits of Zucchini
- 1 cup has 22 milligrams of Vitamin C, 25% of your recommended daily intake
- 1 cup has 2.6 milligrams of lutein and zeaxanthin (phytonutrients), which help improve your eye sight, 45% of your daily intake
- 1 cup has 0.22 miligrams of manganese (an important mineral), which helps your bone tissues develope, 11% of your daily intake
K let's get down to business...
Click on the title or picture to send you to the recipe page.
The 5 recipes I'm sharing are:
5. Raw Zucchini Pasta by A House In The Hills
This is my favourite blog lately. I love Sarah's pictures, taken by her and her husband. Her food is always so fresh and elegant. She uses quality ingredients and REAL food! She inspires me to eat more veggies (which I already eat a ton of but her pictures are so darn pretty!)
I totally recommend eating this raw pasta on a hot day!
4. Oil-Free Zucchini Walnut Raisin Loaf with Cinnamon Streusel by Oh She Glows
I made this loaf many times before I was gluten-free, but now I add 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour and 3/4 cup oat flour to replace the 2 cups spelt flour. I also used coconut sugar instead of cane sugar. It turned out just perfect modifying it. I think this was one of the recipes I first modified to fit our healthier lifestyle. So glad it turned out. This loaf is so yummy! My husband doesn't like raisins so sadly I take them out. Feel free to leave them in and I totally recommend trying my modified version!
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg or flax egg ( 1 tbsp. ground flax with 3 tbsp. filtered water, placed in the fridge for 5 minutes)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini, dried out for 4 hours
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk (beverage)
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. oat flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
The onion and vegan parm totally make this recipe. It's quiet an adult dish, meaning I know my kids weren't fond on it but I just loved it. My dish didn't look as fancy as this one but the ingredients were the same! And that's all that counts right! Whenever using squash or zucchini I highly recommend slicing and then spreading out on the counter to dry for at least 3 hours. If you don't your dish will be very watery.
2. Lemon-Garlic Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes by Oh My Veggies
I seriously love this website. I love all of Kiersten's recipes! I think I love her something extra special because she has the same name as my 1 year old!
Roasted Tomatoes & Pine nuts on zucchini noodles! You have to try this one!
1. Zucchini & Sweet Potato Lasagna with Black Beans & Mushrooms by Mandy's Healthy Life
This is my all time fav no noodle lasagna. And yes this is my recipe I created last month. I've shared this recipe with family and friends before posting cuz it's THAT good! Make this at your next healthy gathering. It's perfect for vegans, vegetarians, dairy-free & gluten-free eaters.
I hope you all enjoy your vegetable garden. And if you don't have one, check out local farmers markets for fresh organic produce & grab a zucchini or two!
I need to find an egg-free, gluten-free zucchini stick recipe! Please share if you have one!!