Everyone knows by now that I love these pancakes!
We make them so often, in different ways, that I would have to say they are probably one of my most used recipes.
They are easy, gluten-free, delicious and healthy!
I made a easy coconut milk whip cream to go on these filling pancakes. I topped some with maple granola and some with sliced strawberries.
The kids just mowed down. Even the neighbour girl loved them.
Mmm I love fresh organic strawberries. Life is just so much better with them.
My husband says life is better when UFC is on. He is taking me out tonight to watch the fight. Let's see if Ronda can hold on to the belt.
SERIOUSLY AWESOME PANCAKES
Serves 2 - making 4-5 pancakes
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Refined Sugar-Free
Prepare ahead - Place 1 can of coconut milk in the fridge over night
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. potato starch
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tsp. pure maple syrup + 1/4 cup for topping
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large banana
- 3 tsp. coconut oil for frying (may use more or less)
- 5-10 strawberries, sliced
- 4 tsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup maple granola (optional)
Coconut Milk Whip Cream
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat, use cream only
- 1 vanilla bean or two tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. unpasteurized honey
What to do
1. Put 1/2 tsp. of coconut oil in a non stick frying pan and turn on to low/medium heat. I had mine on 2 (my dial is out of 9). Use 2 frying pans if you want to speed things up.
2. Add dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk, making sure to break flour clumps.
3. Add banana plus other wet ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk well, removing any flour clumps.
4. Add 4 Tbsp. of the batter into the frying pan to form a small pancake. Using the back of a spoon press down gently in the middle of the pancake in a circular motion, flattening the pancake. Fry on one side for 6 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and fry for another 4 minutes. Add cooked pancakes to a plate covered in paper towel. Do this step with all of the batter.
5. Coconut milk whip cream - Open the can and scoop out the coconut cream into a freezer safe bowl. Add to the freezer for 10 minutes. Take bowl out and add vanilla and honey. Mix with a hand held mixer until thick and fluffy. Serve on hot pancakes with strawberries or granola!