I'm just loving this spring weather. As soon as I wake up I put on my long flowing dresses and am so thankful for this sunny day. I am excited to do some gardening today. Thank goodness Kyri doesn't mind sitting in her bouncy chair for half an hour, then I let her loose to play in the dirt. She eats rocks, then spits them out of course, and then eats dirt, plays with worms and chew on leaves, just like every kid should! At the end she is covered in dirt and her clothes are filthy but I can tell she had fun so I'm happy.
Learning how to do everything one handed has become a new talent of mine and am beginning to take pride in it. Making this sundae one handed and then distracting a one year old, long enough just to get a couple shots, is hard work!
Early today I was thinking about a job I almost took, back when my maternity leave was almost up. I saw an add online for a drafting position at an award winning interior design company here in town that is highly respected. It was a dream of mine to work there and so I considered the position. Tod and I talked about it and we decided it would be best if I stayed home with Kyri. Now that I think back I am sooo glad I didn't apply to that job. I am so happy I get to stay home with my little busy bee, who took 10 steps yesterday, and be apart of her day. I get to help her learn new things, play and teach her respect and discipline. Everyday is different in so many ways and it's always fun.
Selfie...hey, why not!
Here is my Sundae recipe! Thanks for reading
MAPLE GRANOLA BANANA LAVENDER ICE CREAM SUNDAE
Makes 4 Sundaes
GLUTEN-FREE, REFINED SUGAR-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, SOY-FREE, NO-BAKE, VEGAN OPTION
Prep Time - Overnight & 20 minutes Freeze Time - 5 hours
- Place one can of coconut milk- full fat - in the fridge over night
- Soak 1 cup cashews for 4 hours, covering them in filtered water
Lavender Ice Cream
- 3 tsp. dried lavender - flower part only
- 1 cup cashews, soaked and rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk- full fat, cream only
- 2 tsp. unpasteurized honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds only
- 1/2 cup maple granola
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
What to do
1. Lavender Ice Cream: Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge over night. Soak 1 cup of cashews, covered in filtered water, for 4 hours previously. In a large pan, on low heat, add honey, vanilla and the hard cream from the coconut milk, save the water for a smoothie. Stir until coconut cream has melted and all the ingredients are combined. Add to a high speed blender, nitrubullet, or vitamix. Add soaked cashews, discard soaking water, and lavender. Blend ingredients until smooth. Add to a freezer safe bowl and freeze for 5 hours.
2. Chocolate Sauce: In a small pan melt coconut oil on low heat. Add chocolate chips and melt. Stir to combine. Take off heat.
3. Build sundae by layering ice cream, sliced banana, granola and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
If you don't like the flavour of lavender, just make the recipe as is, but without the 3 Tbsp. lavender, for a rich vanilla flavour. Add 1/2 vanilla bean with 1 tsp. vanilla extract for best results.