Kombucha is a fermented tea drink, popular in Asia. It's health benefits include active enzymes, antioxidants, amino acids, phytonutrients and organic acids. It is raw and is very alkaline forming. If you want to make Kombucha from scratch here is one way to do it. I just simply bought Kombucha in bottle form from our local health foods store and jazzed it up a bit with frozen raspberries, sliced lime and lemon. I let it sit mixed in the fridge for 1.5 hours before drinking it, so the raspberry and citrus flavours can fuse together with the Kombucha.
This here is the brand of Kombucha I buy. GT's raw and organic Kombucha is Caffeine-free.
Please, the only thing I ask is that you are able to really sit back and enjoy this drink. Savour every flavour in your mouth. Close your eyes and feel the bubbles and know that you are drinking something beneficial to your body. Enjoy!
- Kombucha produces good bacteria that helps improves the digestive tract's strength. It will be able to absorb nutrients more efficiently. This will also help speed up metabolism. Also it will help clear up yeast infections and candida.
- Kombucha also acts as a natural muscle relaxant and can be used in your pre-work out drink.
- It helps to detoxify the liver by speeding up cellular recovery.
- It reduces the size of kidney stones.
- Helps clear up eczema, can be applied to the skin
- Reduces grey hair
- You can even drink it while pregnant and nursing to get health benefits.
SOURCE: - Whole foods to THRIVE by Brendan Brazier (the creator of Vega)