Need milk and cookies for Santa? How about Jam Jams and Almond Milk!
My mom always makes amazing Jam Jams for Christmas. They are my dad's favourite! These were next on my list to re-create. A gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan version. I added a bit of lemon to my cookies so they would have a nice flavour. I couldn't find sugar-free plum jam so I used sugar-free blueberry jam.
To make fun paterns on your cookies you can sift coconut flour or oat flour ontop of your cookies. I placed a snow flake over the cookies before I sifted.
Mandy's Jam Jams
Makes 15-18 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour + 1/4 cup flour for rolling
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
- 6 tsp. coconut oil
- 3 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of room temp. water
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 small jar blueberry jam, sugar-free
What to do
1. Mix the dry ingredients and stir well, removing flour clumps. Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
2. Place dough in the fridge for an hour until cold.
3. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Take dough out and add flour to your surface. Coat your hands, rolling pin and dough in flour and roll the dough flat. I added flour every time the dough got sticky.
4. Use a cookie cutter of your choice and start cutting the dough. I used a circle. Add your cut cookies to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Do this step until all the dough is gone. (If using a snow flake cookie cutter the bake time will be 5-10 minutes shorter.)
5. Bake cookies for 20-30 minutes until the bottom is golden brown. Let cool for 20 minutes and then transfer to a metal cookie rack. Add jam an hour later and serve!
Store cookies in an air tight container. Last for 1 week...if you don't eat them all within the first couple days.